St. Stephen's Anglican Church sponsored Wolf Cubs for the first time in February 1959. Geoffery Drewbrook was the Akela with ten new Cubs. The pack closed in 1961, but was reactivated in 1962. The pack had a strong leadership team of Daniel Price-Jones, Ken Sidebottom, Geoffery Drewbrook and Norm Flemington in 1969.
In 1971 the Hornby group joined Ashgrove and Scotch Block in succeeding from Georgetown District. It remained unattached, registering directly with the province until September 1983 when Roy Frost returned the Cub pack to North Halton District.
Although still sponsored by St. Stephen's, the group committee has combined with 1st Ashgrove. The 1st Hornby Cubs meet today at Pineview Public School on Trafalgar Road and Five Sideroad under Phil Hansen, Hans Treviranus, Brian Dale and Peter Roome.