ORGANIZED SEPTEMBER 1983
Don McLaughlin, Jim Auger and David Deforest opened the 3rd Acton Scout Troop in September, 1983. Originally sponsored by the Optimist Club of Georgetown, they switched to the Acton Optimist Club after they were chartered.
A Venturer company opened in 1986 under Wayne Pollitt, Theresa and Don McLaughlin. In 1987, the 2nd Acton Cub Pack and Beaver colony transferred to 3rd Acton under Theresa McLaughlin, Tom Moffat, David Mashinter and Al McDonald.
The group struggled to keep open their sections, eventually merging with 1st Acton.
ORGANIZED OCTOBER 1978
Rev. Charles Beaton of the United Church at Acton was instrumental in opening the 2nd Beavers and Cubs in October, 1978. The leaders were Audrey Dunn, Glen Mackenzie, Caroline Gibson, Leslie Kenny, Rosemary Kenny and Janet Christenson.
In October 1979, the Sea Scout Crew, the only one in the history of this District, opened under Steve Ormsby, Rev. Charles Beaton, Brian Hahn and Terry Bridge. A Venturer company under Denis White opened in 1983, as did a Rover Crew.
In June 1984, the Sea Scout crew closed and the Rovers disbanded. The other sections struggled on, but the sponsor, Trinty United Church, decided to close the group in 1987.
ORGANIZED SEPTEMBER 1910
Boy Scouts were founded the third week of September 1910 under W.H. Stock and James Fogg and was sponsored by St. Alban's Anglican Church. It was reorganized in October 1915 by Sergeant Wilfred Coles. After folding in 1922, it was again reorganized by Foster Ferris and the Rev. Alexander Stewart. Once again it faded away in 1931, only to start afresh in 1934 with Rev. E. Brillinger as Akela and George Mason as Scoutmaster. The group has continued since that date. Originally sponsored by the community, the Rotary Club of Acton has sponsored them since 1961.
Wolf Cubs were opened in 1929 under Cubmaster Albert Mills.
Rover Scouts first began about 1938 under the guidance of Dr. Frank Oakes. The largest group of Queen's Scouts were invested with their award on 5 June, 1959 by Murray Scoyne. The receipients were Brian Otterbein, Ken Gardiner, Bob Hinton, Lawrence Duby, Glenn Barr, Peter Newton and Ricky Currie.
Venturers was created from the Scout Troop in 1968 under Kevin Conway.
The first Beaver colony in North Halton District was started in Acton in 1974 under Andrea Sharples, Betty Gough and Lynda McGrenerie.
Meeting halls have included empty shops, the drill shed, the former Legion, St. Alban's Church hall, and Knox Presbyterian Church basement. The group decided to build their own hall on land donated by the Acton School Board, next to Robert Little School. The building was organized by William "Billy" Middleton. The hall, named "Hodnosawnee" was opened on 28 October, 1949. The section leaders at the time were Helen Wolfe, Esther Taylor, Sydney Lorne, Jerry White, David Dills, George Elliott, Doug Davidson, Jim Dills and J. Lambie.
A second hall was added to the first under the direction of Don McDonald. He offically opened the new hall on 22 February, 1976. The section leaders at that time were Andrea Sharples, Betty Gough, Evelyn Cadenhead, Eleanor Paterson, Rob Paterson, Frank Goulding, Elizabeth Lambden, Pat Garton, Vic Webster, John Sharples, Mark Rowe, Harold Saville and Rick Saville.